Friday, January 8, 2010

The Famous Networking Site Once Again Silently Murders My Muse.

Hello again. If you haven't gathered by looking at the time stamp, its about 12:35 in the am on Saturday, January 9. Yeah, We're already that far. We just celebrated Christmas. And then time and life continued its lightspeed journey to the end. Thanks time, my mortal enemy. One of these days I'll defeat you. Until then, enjoy yourself. *Sneer*

I turned on my laptop to come on here and post something. Then I got distracted by Facebook for about 30 minutes. Facebook, also an enemy. "Hey Mike, log onto Facebook to check your updates and messages. It should only take five minutes"

"You sure Facebook? You generally..."

"JUST SIGN ON...please?" So I do. We hang out. Facebook tells me my friend commented on a photo of me. Then I look at my friends photo album. Make some comments. Change my status. Watch 20 videos my friend Dave sent me. Next thing I know, 3 hours of my life are gone. I'll remember this on my death bed. Sure, I could have enjoyed life, but instead I relived the past AGAIN by looking at photos and looking at Facebook pages of people whom I have not spoken to in at least 4 years, just so I know what's going on in their lives without actually talking to them.

Does anyboy else like the irony in that? A network to help us stay in touch with people we lost touch with, only to keep them still at arm's length, and that arm is hundreds of miles long? I thought it was good irony.

Anyway, Facebook ruined my life. So now I kinda forgot what I was going to write about. Oh, I was reading poetry and I thought about my professor and advisor David Clewell and how he said something along the lines of "Poetry is bigger than the poet". And I had this moment of satori, but its long since gone.

So, since I don't have anything to really write about, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment