Saturday, April 14, 2012

Updates. Updates for Everyone.

In the immortal words of the Dragoon soldiers from Starcraft: "I have returned".

Wow, it doesn't seem like that long, but it has been over three months.  Three months.  That's one third of a baby, if you catch my drift.

I'd apologize, but we all expect it now.  It's like the tides.

Honestly, not very much has happened.  I've ran many miles these last three months.  I haven't logged the miles I've covered over the course of all this training, but there was a week near the end of March in which I did about 65 miles total.  So, my feet have slammed into the ground many times in an effort to propel the rest of the body great lengths.  Let's not forget legs either.  Thanks guys.

The race is tomorrow, April 15th, 2012 at 7am.  I can't tell you how excited I am to do it, which is why I also don't want it to happen tomorrow.  After all this hype, building myself up to accomplish this one dream, it'll all be over.  What then?  What's after this?  I feel this urge to continue to push the limits.  I've been tested this far; let see just how much more I can do.  But we'll consider this further at another time.  First, the marathon.

Our office moved.  I no longer have to combat downtown traffic and travel on foot a half mile from parking lot to office and then back again.  As a matter of fact, our new office is located on Eden Theological Seminary campus, which is directly across from Webster University in (you guessed it) Webster Groves.  I sometimes feel like I'm circling around my own life.  Around and around.

It's a nice place.  The commute is easier, and I don't have to pay for parking.  The new office is much smaller, which makes more sense since there's so few of us to begin with.  Other than that, work is work.  I do it a couple times a week and that's about it.  I did get to train a couple of our staff on this online database, Biblio.  That made me feel a little significant.

That's it.  Seriously.  My muse hopped a train out of town, so all I have for you is the bare bones.  No interesting anecdotes.

But come back sometime.  I might have more to share three months from now.

Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment