Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's and Foreign Affairs

According to my stats I'm really popular in Germany.  Fantastic.  More Germans are reading my blog than Americans lately, and hopfully I won't scare you guys away like the Chinese and South Koreans.  Maybe I can be popular over there like David Hasselhoff.  I'm not German in the slightest (to my knowledge) and do not know how to speak the native tounge, BUT perhaps we can strike a deal?  I'll be witty, lovable and adorable, you guys accept me into your fold and I'll hang out there for a few years?  Eh? Eh? 

It's okay.  You don't have to answer right now.  Just....think about it.  Okay?

Well, its a new year readers.  Six days in and I'm already sick of hearing about this 2012/Apocalypse business.  Yes, apparently the Mayan calendar coincidentally stopped on December 21st, 2012, the day before my 26th birthday.  But, for my sake Pop Culture, I think you should shut up about it.  It was funny five years ago when people were like, "Hey...did you notice the end of the world is coming up?  Better start writing books and making movies if we going to be topical."  Then there's the History Channel.  I LOVE the History Channel.  But only when it talks about the 1960's, space, or feudal Japan.  When it starts using terms such as, "Armaggedon" "Illuminati" "Templar" "Conspiracy" "Aliens"...then I know its time depart and hope that The Best of the Joy of Painting is on.

Other than that, this new year has been great.  The sun has been shining, and the temperature is perfect.  This is the winter I've dreamed of for a few years now.  If winter weather would just remain between 55 degrees and 65 degrees, I would love it.  And you know what?  My dream has finally come true.  It's given me the opportunity to run, which I did with my Vibrams a couple days ago (walking like C-3PO though).  I don't care if theres global warming and melting ice caps.  Right now, the weather is lovely.  I just have this disconcerting feeling we'll pay dearly for this nice weather.  Like an ice storm.  Or locusts.  But I'm optimistic.

Not much to update.  I left the tea business last Saturday.  So far, I feel great.  I wasn't sure it was the right move, but why stay someplace to stagnate?  Life wasn't really moving forward.  And thats the focus for this year, move life forward.  That's kinda been my mantra the last couple years, but I think I'm serious this time.  

What are your New Year's resolutions and/or big plans for the new year?  I would love to hear them. 

Anyway, that's pretty much it.  Really I just wanted to write how excited that Germans frequent my page more than my American friends.  Please continue to return.  Seriously.

Take care readers.  Enjoy the new year!

2 comments: