Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Want To Start A Book Club

Now, this may sound like another one of those whims I so often have. And it kind of is, but let me assure you, I've put some thought into it. I've logged probably a total of ten minutes of thought into it. It's nerdy, and if anything, 45 year old women have book clubs and they read things like Jane Austen, or one of those new female writers who depicts life in such an honest way, what with all the abuse and madness of the world. Then the members eat chocolate, or make cookies, and serve lemonade or ice tea.

I won't have that.

I will have awesome books. None of this Oprah Winfrey stuff. The spectrum of literature I choose will be quite wide. And it will include zombies and space aliens. Along with the more high brow, philosophical gems.

And there will be of course tea. But I'm not talking about old English woman with cakes and biscuits served on a tray with earl grey and milk. We're drinking asian tea, out of pots crafted by the most skilled Chinese or Japanese artisans.

I say all of this, but in the end no one will be willing to join. In the end, it shall be me, alone in my room wearing a kimono, drinking hot sencha, reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, discussing the implications of the word quality, as it pertains to the objective and subjective, with a group of stuffed animals.

But, a man can dream...

1 comment:

  1. You should invite Annie in on this book club. She loves books.

    ReplyDelete