Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Strange Egotism and the Amazing Disappearing Christmas

"Your blog has been created!"

Read the little window just before this one. I now have a slight sense of omnipotence. I've assisted in the creation of something. Immaterial, but something none the less.

Welcome to my blog. My name is Mike Lee and I'll be your server this evening. Can I start you off with a drink and an appetizer?

This is my first blog. I'm surprised. I spent five semesters at Webster University trying to learn all I needed to know in order to become a writer, and I never set up a blog. Well, here. Here it is and I'm going to have to bribe people to read it. "How does $10 sound?" "$100 sounds better" "How about $50 and I'll throw in this snuggie?" "Deal."

If you think its weird that I talk to myself in blog, then you should see me in real life. Me and I...we talk all the time. Espeically on long car rides.

So...how was everyone's Christmas? Good, good. Mine was normal. I don't know what normal is exactly, but Christmas was the same as it has been for at least the last three years now. Really, Christmas for me has been on the downward slop of good cheer. It used to be magical and exciting. But that all ended in 1995 when we bought our first fake tree. Ever since, the spirit of Christmas has been there, just a little less each time. Now we have a three foot tall fake tree hidden well in a corner. Tragic really. Hopefully when I move out of here I'll get it together. Buy a spruce come Christmas time. Wrap it in lights and tiny glass spheres and figures. Make it come alive. I do miss childhood Christmas. Maybe that's when Christmas began to fall apart, when I was 10 and realized that the Santa Claus thing was a sham. I've been paranoid about everything in my life ever since. "Are you my real parents?" That's still up to question. Never saw the hospital photos so I could very well have been adopted. Or kidnapped. Never seen any wedding photos of my parents either. Something isn't right...

I'm going to finish this up. I really didn't know what to say, so my mind kind of went. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment